phoenix coldon found alive 2021phoenix coldon found alive 2021

Sadly, this was notthe last time the Coldonfamily would face severe financial hardships and bureaucratic difficulties related to Phoenix's disappearance. What steps would you give to someone who wants to become a spiritual person? A promising lead about the whereabouts of Phoenix Coldon turned out to be a cruel hoax, causing the missing Missouri woman's family additional pain, their entire life savings and their home. Someone who is somewhat naive about some of the ways of the world.". Some of the people she started hanging out with were of dubious means and didnt have the same faith values that she was raised with, said Lawrence. According to Hogan, that is when Coldon's life "went downhill":"She start changing after a while because she start arguing with her parents more. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch revealed authorities eventually learned that Coldon had not enrolled for the upcoming semester in college and had previously lived with a boyfriend before moving back in with her parents. Oxygen Insider is your all-access pass to never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and much more. This story is so familiar. The responding officer had the vehicle towed and never informed Phoenix's parents. I also think she resented her parent's and didn't feel free to live life the way she wanted. Her father Lawrence said he saw Coldon leave around 2:20 p.m. and assumed she was going to a convenience store or a friends house. We only haunt the willing. I can't do it. DNA testing showed no other DNA in her black 1998 Chevy Blazer other than her own and that of her immediate family. Last Seen Wearing: Gray sweatpants (UMSL or Linderwood printed vertically down one pant leg), dark hoodie (black or blue), and tennis shoes. When Phoenix was 18 she had moved out of her parents home and told them that she was living with a female friend and attending college classes. It was kind of 'don't date until you're married,'" Baker said. When she went missing, Phoenix was using two cell phones, the one her parents provided her with their family plan, and another phone she used to text with her boyfriend, Michael B. Phoenix had lived with Michael B. for a short time, but kept it hidden from her parents. The picture they depicted was one of a very complicated girl. There are lots of beautiful moments and we remember the good times we had with Phoenix.. Could she had been forced into human trafficking? Anyone with information on the case is asked to call St. Louis County Police at (314) 889-2341. Phoenix Lucille Coldon began her life in California as Phoenix Reeves on May 23, 1988. ", "Looking back now, obviously she was keeping something from me that she really didn't want me to know," Baker continued. [3] Her father told reporters that she was supposedly headed to a convenience store around the street or possibly a friend's house. February 25, 2021 May 4, 2021. I just wish those police had done what they were supposed to do by running those plates and seeing that the vehicle was registered to me, said Gloria Coldon, adding that police didnt even search the area after finding the car. And a lot of these girls, once they take that step and become involved in prostitution, theres so much shame they may never want to come home. "All they had to do is call and say, 'do you know where your vehicle is?' I think this television miniseries offers a very real possibility that it will generate leads to finding Phoenix Coldon. Here is the latest update.~~~https://www.oxygen.com/the-disappearance-of-phoenix-coldon/crime-time/friend-of-missing-phoenix-coldon-says-she-saw-her-on WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPEN TO PHOENIX COLDON? Weve heard of so many women who went missing with a nearly identical story. Woman Vanished 7 Years Ago and SUV Was Found Running with Purse, Shoes and Glasses Inside", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Disappearance_of_Phoenix_Coldon&oldid=1126363375, December 2011 events in the United States, Pages using infobox person with multiple parents, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Goldia Coldon (mother), Lawrence Coldon (father), This page was last edited on 8 December 2022, at 23:38. Phoenix ei ollutkaan elnyt sellaista elm, kuin . What we do on a daily basis is remember our daughter in a positive way, said Lawrence. The car has Missouri license plate number KE2S6V. Police do such a negligent job investigating missing Native American women, do not even have a count of how many Native American women are murdered or go missing each year, who later said he made the whole thing up for attention. Absolutely. Her father believes she was going to the convenience store near their home and/or to a friends house. "I was already seated on the flight. English's family members, however, among others find it unlikely she crawled under a tree and laid there until she died. Missing the version of my siblings I knew before becoming estranged. Its been a little over a year since Coldon went missing, but her parents refuse to give up the search for her. She had left her glasses, her purse, a pair of shoes, and her ID inside the vehicle. When it was located, the vehicle was found abandoned 20 miles from English's home with its engine running. LAST KNOWN LOCATION MAP After church, around 3 p.m. on December 18, 2011, 23-year-old Phoenix Coldon backed her SUV out of the driveway of her family's home in Spanish Lake, Missouri - and vanished. Now her parents remember the good times with their daughter to keep them motivated. Her parents believed this due to her race, leading them to contact the Black & Missing foundation to spur attention. For years family and friends have pleaded with the public to come forward with any information on Phoenixs possible whereabouts. Only three hours after Phoenix Coldon left home, her car was discovered abandoned with the door open and was then towed and impounded. They spent $50,000 on a private investigator and faced having their house going in to foreclosure. Her parents thought she was going to a convenience store and then to a friend's house. She was never seen or heard from again. When we checked the vehicle at the impound there was lots of things in it, including her glasses, her purse with her drivers license and her shoes.. Real quick, what was the puma/ceaser beef about?? Cruel Hoax Costs Family Of Missing Woman Life Savings, Home (EXCLUSIVE). Despite East St. Louis Police Department conducting a few searches in the weeks that followed, the Coldons would not hear from them again after February 2012. We wouldve had a two-week start if wed known where the car was, said Lawrence Coldon. Coldon said she initially thought her daughter had gone to the store but when she did not return that night, Coldon said she reported her daughter and her black 1998 Chevy Blazer missing to police the following morning. Jeff Mays is a contributing writer for NewsOne, specializing in news about missing persons, via the Black and Missing Foundation. youd think most of these missing people were attractive upper middle class white women. They later found out she was in fact living with a boyfriend. The Charley Project page link even states she may have traveled to Illinois or San Francisco California after her disappearance. A reported sighting in Texas turned out to be a complete fabrication. 2023 BuzzFeed, Inc. All rights reserved. A friend allegedly saw Coldon aboard a flight from Las Vegas to St. Louis in 2014 and leaving with two brawny men. It was just his idea of a joke. That was not true, said Gloria Coldon. The family has a group about Phoenix's case on Facebook. The St. Louis County Police Department did an extensive investigation looking for Phoenix, he explained. David Leavitt/YouTubeSome believe Phoenix Coldon was abducted by sex traffickers. FAM! "Unfortunately, we will now be losing our family home," the missing woman's mother, Goldia Coldon, told The Huffington Post. Coldonpresumably had the second cell phone so she could speak to another man without her then-boyfriend, Michael B., finding out. 23 year old Phoenix Coldon was last seen leaving her family home in the 12600 block of Countrybrook Drive in Spanish Lake, Missouri on December 18, 2011. Hours after she left, her car was found abandoned in the middle of the street just 25 minutes from home. Who are you cutting?'". When Phoenix was 18 she had moved out of her parents home and told them that she was living with a female friend and attending college classes. There was another man Phoenix communicated with named Mike. Home-schooled since sixth grade, Kemph said Coldon "didn't really go out" much and was extremely dedicated to their sport. It is said to have been in a traffic lane at the intersection of 9th Street and St Clair Avenue. The Disappearance of Phoenix Coldon 101: Two Phones, The Disappearance of Phoenix Coldon 101: 6 Years Later, The Disappearance of Phoenix Coldon 101: Human Trafficking, The Disappearance of Phoenix Coldon 101: Endless Possibilities. He passed out from drinking and she managed to escape. "According to the officer, he did not do an inventory sheet because there was nothing in the car," she said. But there are lots of clues to suggest that Phoenix is alive and is out there somewhere. . When the plane landed, Fronhert went up to a Southwest Airlines counter and said: I think that I saw a missing person on my airplane." Copyright 2023 Interactive One, LLC. According to Coldon, her daughter's disappearance is highly out of character. "Phoenix Coldon: Cruel Hoax Costs Family Of Missing Woman Their Life Savings, Home", "Parents continue search for missing St. Louis County woman", "3 Theories Explaining Phoenix Coldon's Disappearance", "Mo. On Jan. 1, Coldon's family found out the missing Chevy Blazer had been impounded at 6:23 p.m. the day she disappeared. Lauryn Garrett Found Alive. Retired police officer Joe Delia participated in a documentary about Phoenix's disappearance. By December 18th 2011 though, Phoenix was back residing with her parents in Spanish Lake Missouri. It's a shame that black people never get media coverage.". Why did we have to learn from someone else where our vehicle was? Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown. Half of the victims in missing persons cases are minorities. Why did we have to learn from someone else where our vehicle was?". She was a junior at the University of Missouri at St. Louis, but . Phoenix's family is described as a tight-knit close religious family. Case Type: Endangered. [1], A two-night special television documentary on her disappearance debuted on Oxygen on November 3 and 4, 2018, in which investigative reporter Shawndrea Thomas and retired deputy Police Chief Joe Delia discussed theories on her disappearance. Perhaps most chilling, the ex-girlfriend of one of Coldons secret boyfriends once asked him if he knew where she was. They interviewed many people extensively, he said. The way pimps work in human trafficking is they look for vulnerable girls. All Rights Reserved. On a chilly December afternoon in 2011, Phoenix Coldon, a 23-year-old University of Missouri-St. Louis student and champion fencer, left her family's home in the St. Louis suburb of Spanish Lake, MO. Jarrod Duke Johnston. Episode 2 is available ad-free right now at the $5 tier on our Patreon. Crime News is your destination for true crime stories from around the world, breaking crime news, and information about Oxygen's original true crime shows and documentaries. Murdered and Missing in Montana adds to Oxygen's investigations into missing women of color. Inside her car, her designer glasses and designer purse were also left behind. The Huffington Post learned of the disappearance in January and covered it, but few other outlets have reported on it. The vehicle is found 25 miles away in the roughest part of St. Louis. Her glasses, purse, shoes, and ID were all inside . Recently I watched the disappearance of Phoenix Coldon done by oxygen and Im leaning more towards her leaving and starting a new life. Seven years after her disappearance, Phoenixs case was covered by the Oxygen show The Disappearance of Phoenix Coldon: As I write true crime articles, it is very obvious to me that there is a massive disparity in the information available about missing and murdered white women compared to BIPOC. Yet it wasn't until January 1, two weeks after Coldon disappeared, that her familyfinally learned her car had been impounded. Phoenix Coldon hasnt been seen since December 18, 2011. In 1988, Phoenix Coldon was born in California as Phoenix Reeves. She waited until she was left with just one of her captors. When we checked the vehicle at the impound there (were) lots of things in it, including her glasses, her purse with her driver's license and her shoes.". "She does that often," Coldon's mother told reporters. I didnt find anybody that I thought should have been interviewed.. This is strange because the vehicle was registered in Phoenix's mom's name and all her identifying paperwork was in the glove box. The family already had invested much of their money to search for Phoenix, she said, but spent the remainder of their savings on private investigators to follow up on the lead. Phoenixs mother says unlike other highly publicized disappearances of young women, the news media wouldnt give us the time of day.. Once in a blue moon, cold cases are solved this way. According to Fronherts account, Phoenix was boarding with "three of four other woman," all of whom looked a lot like Phoenix. While they presumed she went to the store or was meeting a friend on short notice, this had never happened before. Not only did police appear to pay little attention, but there was scarce media interest in Coldons disappearance. Coldon hadnt enrolled in classes for the spring semester of 2012, after all. [2] Privately funding the search caused the family home to go into foreclosure and for the family's life savings to be drained. They told me what the family had gone through. After 25 Years, The Disappearance Of Kristin Smart May No Longer Be AMystery. And Fronhert isn't the only person to claim to have seen Phoenix since she disappeared. She pulled it out and I was like, 'OK, well, are you going to use it? Seven years later her grieving parents still pray for answers. They were doing an everyday activity and then suddenly vanished forever. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. The pair plan to find a new place to live and continue their search for Phoenix. August 17, 202115 items. According to Coldon, her family had to complain to the mayor's office to get the impound bill -- in excess of $1,000 -- waived. But maybe that was for her own comfort and peace of mind. Vasta vuosia myhemmin, kun aihe valikoitui dokumenttisarjan jaksojen aiheeksi, julkisuuteen tuli lis tietoja tapauksesta. and our The car was simply impounded as abandoned by local police at 6:23 p.m., and its registered owner never notified. It wasn't until 2 weeks after Phoenix's disappearance that it was discovered the vehicle had been picked up from impound not too many hours after it had been found abandoned. Join the Lipstick Alley 2023 NCAA Tournament Challenge. I just read this. Oxygen/YouTubePhoenix Coldon hasnt been seen since December 18, 2011. Anybody know where these shades are from. Coldons mother had to contact the mayors office in order to have the $1,000 impound bill waived. Later on, it came out that she had not enrolled in the last semester, and I did not know about that. She was trying to fit in. On the day she went missing, Coldons car was found at the intersection of 9th Street and St. Clair Avenue in East St. Louis. Phoenix Coldons Car Was Found Abandoned In The Middle Of The Road, And She's Still Missing. Hours after she disappeared, her vehicle was discovered at 17:27 and impounded at 18:23, abandoned (initially reported to still be running, which was later proven inaccurate), 25 minutes from her home, on St. Clair Avenue of East St. Louis. To Gloria Coldons shock, the East St. Louis Police officer handing it over claimed that they never created an inventory sheet for the vehicle because no personal items were found inside it. It is said it is not unusual for Phoenix to use her cell phone in her car and being a young woman I'm sure she wanted her privacy away from her parents. It was said to not be parked in a way of someone who intended to exit the vehicle. The Black And Missing Foundation Aims To Find People Of Color, December 2011 disappearance of 36-year-old Stacey English, online donation via PayPal, PhoenixMissingFund@Hotmail.com. ", Coldon said police also did not complete an inventory sheet when the vehicle was found. It was later discovered English's vehicle was impounded around the time she is believed to have disappeared. A tip that led the family to Texas came from a man who claimed to know Coldon's whereabouts and provided her family with very convincing details, Goldia Coldon said. Tag: Phoenix Coldon found. She vanished without taking any of her possessions, even her glasses. The Disappearance of Phoenix Coldon. Privacy Policy. She was mainly home-schooled and played a combination of musical instruments. I do not see his name mentioned in any of the articles. ", Other accounts have mentioned her father seeing her getting into her car, while adocumentary about her disappearance didn't mention the presumed phone call, simply stating that Coldon walked out of the house "with conviction.". Phoenix had never come home past 1:00 a.m. before so her mom actually contacted authorities then. A staff writer for All Thats Interesting, Marco Margaritoff has also published work at outlets including People, VICE, and Complex, covering everything from film to finance to technology.

Libra Career Horoscope Today, Aspire San Marcos Resident Portal, Articles P

phoenix coldon found alive 2021

phoenix coldon found alive 2021