pus in milk snopespus in milk snopes

Allow me to explain. Its basically a measurement of the cows immune system. Ive never even met a human mother who has had mastitis. At the dairy, it is our goal to make sure the cows have a dry and comfortable bed. We do need reform and change in some areas. Of course you dont want anyone to think badly of milk, if you are a dairy farmer. I grew up in agriculture and I am the first person to admit there are problems. Wrong. Somatic cell count, according to the industrys own National Mastitis Council, reflects the levels of infection and resultant inflammation in the mammary gland of dairy cows, but somatic cells are not synonymous with pus cells, as has sometimes been misleadingly suggested. Im an active duty US ARMY GREEN BERET that thinks its wrong of you to lie to people. Weve never gotten any results back with pus. Dont worry, these calves get treated no differently than the females and colostrum is a must. Other than that, organic and non-organic are virtually the same. Basically, the snake-oil salesman is not going to tell you that his product is harmful to your health, unbelievably cruel to animals and is destroying the entire planet. NO OTHER MAMMAL ON EARTH drinks milk past infancy much less STEALS THE MAMMARY SECRETIONS OF ANOTHER SPECIES. Many of these people could have the evidence presented to them on a platter and theyll still rather believe the myths cuz ah red it on the Facebook!. I have lots of respect for Dairy farmers. i do however think that the life of many dairy cows probably isnt very nice particularly the ones which produce milk at rock bottom prices.. Period! Some of the commenters here: RUDENESS. The problem is that many of our cows are not healthy. Biology isnt that confusing- cells are cells not puss. The purpose you claim cows serves at the end (of their lives) involves violently killing them against their will, which is plainly cruel and morally questionable. one cubic centimeter (cc) of commercial cows milk is allowed to have up to 750,000 somatic cells. One of the biggest misconceptions I read about milk online today is that milk has pus in it. Milk is such a low grade food and you must understand youre fucking up the planet no? Copyright AFP 2017-2023. So it got me thinking surely human milk also have this immune response? I hope the American dairy famers have the same law. Be open minded enough to consider that your facts may not actually be facts. This has happened in the last 2 years. Maybe Im sure your dairy farm is as you say it is, however, I have seen many videos where the cows are treated horribly kicked, stomped, hit with bats, jabbed with pitch forks, and calves drug away from their bawling mothers!!! Mastitic milk is never green! Can you reference a similar article about the cheese is milk pus statements I hear almost every day? This disease can be identified by abnormalities in the udder such as swelling, heat, redness, hardness or pain if it is clinical. Destroying our planet and abusing and murdering animals just so they can eat a damn chicken wing or burger or piece of bacon etc. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nathan-j-winograd/peta-kills-puppies-kittens_b_2979220.html The reality is that cows that are given the best care are the most profitable. In a natural setting, the bull does not wait and will breed a cow immediately after she has her baby -as you can imagine, a cow in a natural setting like that would have far more babies than one on the farm and it would be more stressful and harmful for her. Florida has seen results as high as 19% pus content. Be well! I also commend you for your calm responses to some pretty excitable (ie rude) posts. I truly appreciate your logical and thoughtful responses. That is a strange concept when you consider they are killed against their will to become products; that just does not make sense! There are examples of cow breeds living in the wild today that evolved over millions of years, and the selectively bred domesticated cows you exploit are of course decedents of theirs. But what I will say is for 5 years I have lived dairy free and my blood work is amazing, as the dr put it. I found this page because so many vegans and activists claim there is pus in milk. It also softens and moisturizes the teats to make sure they do not get too dry. I think the real question youre driving at is how can cows exist if they are not farmed, if it werent for people like you? I mean honestly people have been drink milk for God know how long. America consumes the most dairy in the world, yet America also has the most people diagnosed with osteoporosis, by the way long time vegans dont get osteoporosis like dairy consumers. Here is your argument: Pus is a liquid that forms in infected tissue. Before that my bloods were perfect for vitamins found in milk. Your email address will not be published. I am a dairy farmer, did you read my about me page! All vegans are extremists? I mean there must be some truth to it right? Do you think you too could evolve, to farm something other than animals? Pus is, by definition, composed of dead or decaying leukocytes, and tissue debrislike epithelial cellsas you said. It contains cowshormones. I was vegan. No science needed in this comparison, just some good ol common sense.. Did you even read my post Dairy Guy? Milk is disgusting and horrifically unhealthy & cruel anyone who say different is selling you something (like milk? The dairy guy. No doubt cows would survive if left in peace; they would feed themselves and breed naturally. Let Bessie feed her kids with hers. Anti-agriculture groups (like nutritionfacts . You can read my post about SCC https://www.dairymoos.com/what-is-somatic-cell-count/. Why do people have a lactose problem? Why would two out of the three ingredients for pus pass through, but not the thirdwhich just happens to be the one that grosses consumers out the most? Dairy Guy, youre fighting a losing battle, Im afraid. You have to score over 90 points out of 100 so theres no room for sloppiness. Im rooting for you! Again ? Answer From Julie Baughn, M.D. Try to find the source of the information, and verify that it is from an unbiased agency. Is there any truth in this stuff Dairy Guy? Pathogens are microorganism such as bacteria that make us sick. The problem is that many of our cows are not healthy. It doesnt matter the size, dairy farms are not factories. Cows were showered before milking and teats checked and cleaned with antiseptic. The average somatic cell count in U.S. milk per spoonful is 1,120,000. A million cells per spoonful sounds like a lot, but pus is really concentrated. We all know the benefits you enjoy ($$$$$$$) from your mutual relationship with your cows. While it's commonly believed that drinking milk increases phlegm, the science doesn't back up the belief. You talk about raping your cows in a calculated way, without remorse. As always, questions or comments are more than welcome in the comments section below! I just want to share my perspective as a dairy farmer. Ok, Ive read all these comments and see there is a far right and a far left. Just because you copy and paste propaganda and put things in capital letters does not make it truth. But I no longer drink it often in exchange for almond or soy milk because of issues like these. A cow with a somatic cell count below 100 000 cells per milliliter is considered to be in optimum health by most industry sources, she is not fighting any sort of mammary infection. Just think of that for a moment! The same applies with dairy cows; if they arent healthy they arent producing as much milk as they could be. These guys are MONSTERS!!! Thanks for the info. So some cows that get mastitis are treated with antibiotics. You can find plenty of non-vegan material actually showing you the reality of dairy farming also. Where do these rumours begin? Not much. Milk is a naturally high source of magnesium. Believe it or not, cows sometimes get sick! The goal of the agricultural industry is to sustain human life and livelihood. More and more people are drinking almond milk because they learn the truth.peace. While cows do get infections in their mammary system that causes flakes and clots, it is a bit of a stretch to call these symptoms pus. The same thing occurs with pus: it is possible for an ill cow to give milk that contains pus, but those cows are separated from the herd and their production is thrown away, the professor said. If you fail 3 times, you will be shut down and will lose your license to produce milk. worst thing is, people keep thinking milk is good because some a-hole with a degree says its so. There was no awakening when he drank no milk that made him feel awesome. We as humans have no business ingesting any form of animal protein. Being in the industry that youre in? and I appreciate this article and the facts presented. You think that because someone else doesnt pay for YOUR cows retirement, a cow that YOU force-bred, that YOU have repeatedly forced pregnancy on with an invasively procedure, that YOU have repeatedly milked as much YOU feel is feasible to do so and that YOU very clearly profit from, it somehow justifies YOU killing the cow after just a fraction of its natural lifespan. That cow will stay in the herd for years. Somatic cells are living white blood cells located in the udder of cows. Lifespan is highly dependent on the cows genetics. Could it possibly be that a cows physiology did not evolve over millions of years to be continually milked day-after-day, by the likes of you, without consequences, and that the painful sores on a cows teats are viewed as an acceptable part of your business? All of our pandemics have come from our mistreatment of animals. Nut milk and Soy milk actually make me more sick than lactose. Then there are the pesticides & antibiotics in the milk. Cows are artificially inseminated, but while some people try to make sound bad, it is actually not so. Pay special attention to the latter part of that definition which states puss is a buildup of dead white blood cells. You are trying to sell something youre selling your beliefs. Since salt contains chlorine and swimming pools contain chlorine, when you go swimming you are actually swimming in table salt. They weird fact is that the better care we take of the animals and the earth, the better our yields and returns. And thats just not right.. Im not insinuating anything though, just letting you know what all dairies do . But thats just the world we live in where animals are bred specifically for food humans have just evolved so much now that we arent natural anymore! However, I think something important is being misrepresented. I grew up on milk. Plus, if someone is trying to convince you to be scared of any particular food, whether its milk, sugar, aspartame, etc. That loss of body condition is a result of the extreme genetic manipulation for unnaturally high milk yields. You sound just a bit too good to be true, my dairy farming friend. pus in milk; pus in urine; pus in urine; pus in urine; pus sore; pus sore; pus sore; pus tube; pus . On the other hand, why dairy industry tells us that milks is good and safe that is very clear. It is all about bringing balance. Its used to scare people, and play on their emotional fears to get them to stop drinking milk. It bothered me so I did some research, part of which brought me to this page. Why would we make our cows sick so we can give 100% of them antibiotics? Yes our farm and my friends family farms are all sizes, they range anywhere from 100 to 5,000 cows. We only treat the animals when they are sick not when they are healthy. Consider that the recommendations for sugar intake call. What??? That is a scapegoat answer- how are you making the world better for cows. See my milk facts article. Also, those same countries usually consume the most meat, and likewise have higher rates of heart disease and diabetes. Perhaps you can remind us what the acceptable legal limit for white blood cells (pus) in milk is? Somatic cell count IS NOT pus. Once a cow has recovered and her milk has tested clear of antibiotic residues, her milk is once again shipped to the processing plant. And those clots and flakes you refer in mastitis milk what do they consist of ? Pus is made up of dead white blood cells, dead skin cells, and bacteria, not one type of cell. @The Dairy Guy. It makes you look stupid. It's actually one of the most regulated and tested foods in the grocery store. This level of disease is reflected in the concentration of somatic cells in the American milk supply. It is sometimes claimed that milk contains pus, but this is simply not true. Somatic just means body. Just as normal human breast milk has somatic cellsmostly non-inflammatory white blood cells and epithelial cells sloughed off from the mammary gland ductsso does milk from healthy cows. Last updated: This article has nothing to do with veal, but the moron above didnt get their nasty milk fantasy validated so they are bringing up veal?

React Page Refresh Issue, Lettre De Remerciement Pour Un Emploi Obtenu, Treacle Tart With Weetabix, Cessna 172 Oil Temperature Gauge, Articles P

pus in milk snopes